Thursday, October 6, 2011

Why I Love Climbing, And Why You Should Too


I used to climb when I was young. Like, think teeny little kid whose whole body is about as thick as your thigh. I was young and energetic and loved darting up those rocks. But after a few years my dad lost interest in climbing, and therefore stopped taking me...and now it's years later and I'm just now getting back into it.

About a year ago I decided to try climbing again. I would climb maybe an hour twice a week in an indoor gym. I didn't really know what I was doing, and I didn't learn much. I stopped after a few months.

But this past summer, I decided it was time to get serious. About three or four months ago, I started climbing indoors again for about 14+ hours a week, not including camping trips which easily add on another 30 hours. I really put my efforts into improving my strength, but more specifically my balance and technique. And damn, I got good quick. In the first two months I gained ten pounds but lost inches around my waist. My movements became fluid and I started to understand the wall. I finally got into outdoor climbing about a month or two ago, and that's almost exclusively what I do now.

I love climbing for a number of reasons. It's the most fun sport that I've ever tried. It feels great and works every part of my body. It increases my skills in balance and problem-solving. Plus, I experience immediate gratification all the time doing it.

But I'm not writing this post to tell you the above reasons. It's also got some awesome perks that absolutely relate to sex.
  • If you start climbing, and you get really serious about it, you will see gorgeous changes to your body. I've never had problems with weight because I've always eaten healthy and exercised, but DAMN I'm toned now. I look so fine and am very proud of what I've got.
  • Hoooooly shit, everybody else who climbs is also beautiful. And when you're watching those climbers, man...it's just a dream. I get to watch these unbelievably hot men climbing up these rugged rocks in the middle of a raw nature. I see the sweat glisten over those ripped muscles and tight, golden skin. The women wear skin-tight tank tops or sometimes only sports bras, and tiny little spandex shorts and damn, their asses sure do look fine in those harnesses.
  • It's so easy to meet people climbing. You simply go up to somebody and say, "Hey, would you like me to belay you?" Or you can ask, "Would you help me solve this problem?" Or if you see somebody struggling up a route, you can say, "Put your right foot up on that yellow hold by your knee!" You can even go up to a person and ask, "So what are you working on right now? What's the problem that's driving you mad?" It's so easy to break the ice with climbers.
  • PHYSICAL TOUCH. If you go outdoor bouldering, chances are, you're going to have to do some spotting. This means that a person is climbing low to the ground without a harness and rope, and you're watching to make sure that if they fall, you catch them. And yes, they will fall. And yes, you will have to catch them. And yes, your hands are all over their hard body when that happens. And they can put their hands all over yours when you fall.
Climbing is absolutely a sport I recommend everybody to try. It's fun and fulfilling, and it gets me laid.

No comments:

Post a Comment