Friday, February 24, 2012

Polyamory

The boyfriend and I broke up just three weeks after trying monogamy.

Wow, that really was a disaster. What a mistake. An attempt at monogamy not only ended my romantic and sexual relationship with Liam, but also our friendship. That's a shame because he was my best friend in this city.

It's okay, there are more people out here who I call my friends. Tough, though.

It's now been almost two months since we broke up and I'm feeling less scared but more careful since my reality check.

The monogamy was obviously a big failure. I'm definitely some kind of poly at heart. I've been living my life believing I'm polysexual, but I think now I want to try out polyamory.


I'm pretty enamored by a sweet fellow named Peterson (a pre-school teacher! how cute!). I feel I've made it pretty clear I don't want monogamy, but I haven't made it clear that I don't want a boyfriend yet. I'm hoping he doesn't pop the relationship question. I don't want to commit to an emotionally exclusive relationship, because I don't want to cut myself off from possibilities with other people. I'm a giving person and I feel I have the capacity to love many people.

We'll see how this pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment